Tuesday 4 May 2010

Ta - Dah! 'The Sunniest Sunshine Blanket Ever! ?' 'Fun in the Sun!' - named by Azbelle (Sandy).

Hi Everyone!

Well I hope you all had a good weekend.  Mine was busy with the family but I did manage to finish 'SIBOL' No. 9!  Gosh no. 9, fancy that! 

As you all know Karin suggested the 'sun' theme Challenge. What a good one too! We had a lot of Squares which were all ideal for the 'sun' theme and I would sincerely like to thank you for all for them. I have to say I have enough Squares for around 5 Blankets. The first two Blankets are going to include hopefully a Square from each of you. Of course some of the Squares are more suitable I think for the other Challenges! eg.blue and white etc.,  I've had great fun doing it. Even Mr. Twins was helping me yesterday decide on a border.  Oh! yes, he was taking an active part, bless him. Mind you I didn't go with his choice.ha.ha.!!

The other three Blankets are going to be more 'colour grouped'. I had great fun doing the 'sun' theme Challenge. I know you enjoyed making the Squares too! So thank you.

I'm very pleased to say Rachel Crochet Spot News has now included 'SIBOL' on her list for Charity work, so hopefully we should get some more response.

On Saturday we went to the Jewellers and I'm very pleased to say my ring has now been repaired and I'm over the moon with it. When I first saw it I couldn't believe it was my ring because it absolutely sparkled to bits! I've tried taking a photo not very good but here it is......


I just couldn't stop looking at it while I was doing my Crocheting. Thank you for taking an interest in me!

I hope you can spare a few minutes to have a look at 'The Sunniest Sunshine Blanket Ever! (maybe), and if you can think of a name that would be great!

Bye for now




11 comments:

  1. Ok, so that's some sparkler you have there. How can you even lift your hand. Doesn't the yarn get tangled up in those rocks...

    Love, Love the Sunshine Blanket. I think I have one on the top row. Noted over on Flickr.

    Ok, I promised myself to stop avoiding the S in Hue.... off I go.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue - breathtaking blanket can't believe its number 9!!! Trying to think of a name - it reminds me of the 60's or 70's all symbols and flower power - will keep thinking.Your ring is beautiful I am so pleased it has been mended. **Kim**x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket is magnificent....... and so is your ring! What a happy post! Ros

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine you are very happy with the ring!
    And happy with the sunny blanket too.
    Wow, it's number 9 already, can you believe it?
    ~X~ Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. My you've been busy Sue. I can't believe that you have done 9 blankets in this short amount of time. The whole thing is a credit to you and you have created a little League of Nations all working for one purpose. Well done.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ring looks fantastic - it only just outshines the blanket ☺ ☺ ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Sue...so glad to see your ring is back home safely where it belongs. Truly it is such a romantic beauty! I think its great that sweet Mr. Twins contributed a great choice for the blanket border. The blanket and tangerine border colors sing sunshine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely that you have your ring back! It looks beautiful. The blankets are looking gorgeous,too!

    KathyXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Mrs Sue...I'm working now but I'm making a short time to see what you are having today.It's 6:amm i'm ready to meet my flights .But I also want to tell you tha the ring looks so shiny and pretty on your hand.Enjoy it.Have fun with the blankets while i'm working at the airport...ja,ja,ja,ja...Keep in touch ! Blessings.

    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hardly look at my rings they are like part of my hand...how lovely to have yours as good as new and so sparkly!
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pleased to hear your ring is all fixed now... you wouldn't beleive it but about the time you got yours back my daughter lost a stone out of hers... she is devasted too as it was a re-make of her Nanna's ring...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!