Tuesday 27 January 2015

Just to tell you....

Good evening,

photo.JPG


photo.JPG


photo.JPG


I'm happy to be telling you that  'SIBOL' is mentioned in 'Let's Get Crafting Knitting and Crochet' this month that's Issue 38. We are on Page 28 'Knit Your Bit!' If you are thinking of doing some Charity Knitting or Crocheting 'SIBOL' would welcome you warmly. We make Sunshine Blankets for Elderly Residents in Care Homes and to date we have made 956 since January 2010. I can assure you that each of the Blankets I receive has gone to a Home where they are greatly needed. I hand deliver them myself and each Blanket is named before it leaves HQ.

Sunshine Blankets are certainly making a difference to the lives of many older people. They give a great deal of comfort and become part of them. They can quite attached to them to be honest and the
Homes have great difficulty putting them in the wash at times! Very often the Residents arrive at the Homes with hardly any belongings sometimes not even a change of clothes I have been told so that's
how special one of our Blankets would become to them.

We also make Crocheted and Knitted Shawls which once again are so useful to the Residents so you are invited to make one of these too.

If you have any enquiries about our work and can't find the information on here
'SIBOL CHALLENGES' please do contact me
I'm Sue
on
sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Thanks so much for popping in to the 'SIBOL' Blog. Oh I must tell you too that we have a group over on RAVELRY. Please feel free to join us! Here's the LINK.

With your help we will be able to reach our 1,000th Sunshine Blanket.

Thank you so much

x Sue x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!