Friday 7 February 2014

Hoot! Hoot!

Good Evening,

Over the last few days I have been getting our 'Sunshine Blankets' ready for delivery.


Sunshine Blankets ready for the off!



 As you can see there are plenty ready for the off. The photo is slightly incorrect there have been a few more added since I took this photo. Due to my work going on at home it's rather difficult to keep taking them out of their boxes.
These are the ones that have now been added to the pile.

001


643 'Happy Owls' made by the 'SIBOL' Group for the Elderly. Thank you!


Yes you are right you have spotted a new one. It's the latest Owl Blanket kindly assembled by mandas challenges. The Squares were sent in by Ladies of the 'SIBOL' Group. I'm sure we would all like to thank mandas challenges for assembling this one it surely has come out a treat!

Before I tell you about my Delivery today let's take a look at the Owl Sunshine Blanket. It's called 'Happy Owls!'.

003






006


We have made such a lot of themed Blankets for the Elderly over the years and they have all come out so beautifully. Perhaps one day we will make another one. For now I am only accepting your handmade Crocheted and Knitted Blankets and not Squares.

Well today I visited Arden Lodge Care Home in Acocks Green, Birmingham. 
Here's a Link which tells you a little about them.
19 Sunshine Blankets were given out today.
Here they are!

19 Sunshine Blankets ready for delivery to Arden Lodge Care Home, Acocks Green, Birmingham.

Arden Lodge Care Home is quite near to my Home. In fact it's over the road to Grey Cables Care Home we visited a while back.

On entering the building I instantly had that homely feeling. Every one was so welcoming.
Unfortunately, I couldn't meet any of the Management as they were in a meeting but the Staff were great and they agreed to have some photos taken. What fun we all had holding the Blankets up.
I have promised to visit again with more for the rest of the Residents.
All the Staff absolutely loved the Blankets and admired them greatly.
They would like me thank you all very much indeed.

Our 'SIBOL' Group is a place where we can be creative but at the same time doing something
worthwhile for the Elderly.
We have now made 643 Sunshine Blankets since January 2010 and I think that's a great achievement.
So I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your help.

I shall try and deliver the rest of the Blankets next week.

As you know I am having my new Kitchen installed and as from tomorrow I am not accepting anymore Blankets for a while. I will put a note up on the Blog when I am ready to accept again. But of course that doesn't stop you from picking up your Knitting Needles or Crocheting Hook.

Thank you so much.

x Sue x


2 comments:

  1. I think the owl blanket is good enough to sell or raffle. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Sue-that Owl blanket is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!