Tuesday 29 July 2014

A Letter from one of the Homes I visit.

Hi everyone!

It's always so nice to know that our work is appreciated by the Care Homes I visit and this afternoon I have received a lovely letter from Michele Clarkson at Cole Valley Nursing  Home. If you remember I recently delivered 48 Sunshine Blankets. I thought you might like to read it.

48 Sunshine Blankets ready to go! 'Cole Valley Nursing Home, Birmingham'. 21/07/2014



Dear Sue, 
 
I would just like to express to sincere thanks of all the residents and staff at Cole Valley Nursing Home for the wonderful gift of 48 beautiful blankets. All of our residents have been able to choose a blanket and many of them were able to express how generous they thought it was for someone to take such trouble to make such thoughtful presents.
They really do brighten up all of the bedrooms and lounges and are being used on a daily basis. 
Many of the residents relatives have commented on how beautiful each blanket is and how much work has gone into each one. 
 
Many Thanks
Michele Clarkson

Home Manager 



Delivery Day 'Cole Valley Nursing Home', Birmingham . [48]


photo.JPG


This email means such a lot to me and I know it will to the other Ladies in the Group. So thank you Michele.


One other bit of news.......Knit Today recently got in touch with me about our Group and I'm waiting to hear when our article will be in the magazine. I'll let you know about that.

Also I am very pleased to be telling you that we have also been featured on the Knitting for Charity.org website. Here's the LINK Thank you Nicole!

Our recent post on UK Hand Knitting Association has given us lots of hits and I'm really pleased that Ladies have been contacting me through it. Here's the LINK for that one too!

I have said many times how much the Homes love our Blankets so please.....keep them comin!

All details are on HERE


If there is anything at all you would like to ask me please feel free to email me on
sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

I'm Sue 

and we are 'Sending a Ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly' 
with your help thank you! x

1 comment:

  1. That is a lovely letter. Thanks for the link to the knitting for charity website. I will enjoy going through all the patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!