Tuesday 12 July 2016

Want to see my Herb Gardens? xx


Hi everyone!

I've been having fun out in the garden.
After visiting the Kings Arms at Knowle I was inspired to make my own Herb Garden
they had an old tin bath outside the main entrance of the pub full of wonderful Herbs.

Here's a photo

This is the tin bath at the Kings Arms Knowle.

When I got home I couldn't get this idea out of my head you know what it's like!
So I trawled the internet for a company that manufactured the Tin Baths.
I found Gates Railings Direct over in Stourbridge.
If you click on to their website you will find all information sizes and prices.

Zara was the Lady who organised the Baths for us, so helpful and friendly it was lovely to meet her.
Thank you!  I was chuffed to pieces when she told me they were going to use my photo.

I had fun buying the Herbs from the local Garden Centre.
The Gravel and compost was very heavy to carry but using
my Husband's trolley it was quite easy to take into the garden.
We put Gravel on the base of the Bath for drainage, used
multi-purpose compost and then white decorative Gravel on the top 
 I gave the Herbs  a good soaking before
planting.

The Large Bath measured 48"
the smaller one 36".

photo 5.JPG


photo 3.JPG


photo 2.JPG


photo 1.JPG

I'm really pleased with them.

                                                                 Why not have a go!

sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

If you want to ask me anything?

 Thanks for popping in.

x Sue x


19th July 2016.

I would like to thank Alma for donating 
6 Blankets to Holmfield Care Home, Manchester

Also two Blankets to Ladies in wheelchairs. 
In total Alma and her Husband has donated 20 Blankets in total this year.

Thank you to both of you.
It is so nice that we can do this further afield.

x Sue x 

2 comments:

  1. What a surprise blog post. We used to have a tin bath like that at home when I was growing up. I must find out where it went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such fun Una thank you! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!